Two arrested in Tyler area Craigslist scam | News
Released by the Tyler Police Department:
On 08-15-2012 at around 4pm, the
Tyler Police Department began receiving a series of thefts being reported by
individuals who had responded to a Craigslist advertisement to purchase an
) The victims had all met the seller in apartment complex parking lots.
The victims were presented with book bags containing paper notebooks. The
bags were tied shut, delaying the victims ability to inspect the
contents. Once the seller was presented with the money, he would flee the
area, leaving the victim with the backpack. Three incidents were reported
on 08-15-2012. Two additional incidents were reported on
Upon realizing the pattern of the
crimes, undercover investigators responded to the add and set up a meeting to
buy the Ipad. Working with uniformed officers, a sting operation was
conducted and two suspects arrested for the thefts.
Arrested were Anthony Joseph Falbo,
age 25 of Tyler and Kimberly Ann Bowman, age 25 of Tyler. Falbo was
charged with evading arrest and class A theft. Bowman was charged with
class A theft.
The Tyler Police Department would
like to remind citizens to exercise extreme caution when conducting financial
transactions with anyone they meet over the internet.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pastor responds to Warner Bros.' comparison of Superman to Jesus
- Man who smuggled live snakes on plane was former East Texas educator
- Police release surveillance video from Tyler motel murder
- Tyler man pleaded guilty to smuggling live snakes from Peru to Tyler in his jacket
- Do you recognize the man in this surveillance video?