Tyler Police ID victim struck on Gentry, claim he's at fault in crash | News
A man has died after being hit by a car early Monday morning.
Just after midnight, Tyler Police Officers were dispatched to the 3200 block of West Gentry Parkway in reference to a pedestrian accident.
When officers arrived on scene, they learned that Ruben Oswald Orantes, 47, of California, was struck by a car while crossing Gentry Parkway. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital where he passed away a short time later as a result of his injuries.
The vehicle that struck the man was occupied by one person, the driver of the vehicle who was not injured in the crash.
Tyler Police say Orantes was staying in a local hotel while working with a tree trimming business.
Authorities say Orantes failed to cross the road in a designated crosswalk, and found him to be at fault in the crash.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UT Health Northeast microbiologist honored for her excellence by national society
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas