Local group files to oppose beer, wine being sold in Tyler | News
A local group has filed to oppose the group wanting to bring
beer and wine to Tyler/JP Pct. 2.
The group named "Stand Strong for Tyler" filed paperwork
last week with the Smith County Elections Office.
Paperwork was filed by Dr. Michael Daniels who is the pastor
of the Landmark Baptist Church in Tyler. That is also where the address is
listed for "Stay Strong for Tyler."
Meanwhile, the petition movement for alcohol in Tyler and JP
Precinct 2 through the group called "Buy Local First" is moving along smoothly,
according to spokesperson Laura Krantz. She said they hope to turn in
signatures ahead of the June 25 deadline.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UT Health Northeast microbiologist honored for her excellence by national society
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas