2 E.Texans accused of killing toddler, back in court | News
TYLER, TX (KLTV)- Two East Texans accused of killing a one-year-old boy were in a Tyler court Wednesday morning.
27-year-old Simon Lopez and 19-year-old Emma Torres are each charged with capital murder in the 2010 death of Torres' son, one-year-old Jeremy Silva.
During the hearing the state spoke briefly about some DNA evidence they have tested for trial.
That evidence included blood testing on brass knuckles, a stain on the floor and a diaper containing blood.
The state said they will not be seeking the death penalty for Torres. The next hearing is set for May 4.
- Simon Lopez, baby's mother plead not guilty in infant death
- Update: Simon Lopez arraigned, bond set at $2 million
- Baby's mother indicted in Simon Lopez capital murder case
- Accused child killer added to top 15 most wanted
- Tyler police find car driven by accused child killer
- Petition started to feature ETX man on America's Most Wanted
- East Texas fugitive on the run, again
- Mother arrested for abandonment after death of child
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UT Health Northeast microbiologist honored for her excellence by national society
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas