Smoke north of Tyler part of prescribed burn | News
If you spot smoke north of Tyler near Highway 14 and Sand Flat Road it is part of a prescribed burn by Texas Parks and Wildlife.
Tyler State Park officials said crews are burning an area near "Loop D" of the state park in northern Smith County.
State and national parks perform prescribed burns during certain conditions to improve the habitat in the park.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UT Health Northeast microbiologist honored for her excellence by national society
- Bill could eliminate toll road fees for some veterans
- East Texas helps: How to send aid to Oklahoma tornado survivors
- Hundreds of employees affected by ETX mail processing center closure
- Experts: West Nile virus may make a comeback in East Texas