Event organizers hope fallout won't affect registration | News
TYLER, TX (KLTV)-
You'll see less pink at this year's Susan G. Komen for the cure race in Indianapolis.
Event officials report 30 percent fewer people are registered for the April 21 race.
Some believe this could be backlash from the organization's decision to stop funding Planned Parenthood.
We talked to the Tyler Komen office on Monday, and they said it is too soon to tell if they will see a dip in participation.
The Tyler Komen Foundation was not involved with the recent Planned Parenthood controversy. They say they have never received a funding application for Planned Parenthood, and they do not currently fund Planned Parenthood.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pastor responds to Warner Bros.' comparison of Superman to Jesus
- Man who smuggled live snakes on plane was former East Texas educator
- Police release surveillance video from Tyler motel murder
- Tyler man pleaded guilty to smuggling live snakes from Peru to Tyler in his jacket
- Do you recognize the man in this surveillance video?