Riding, dancing, and learning at Tyler Bike Rodeo | News
TYLER, TX (KLTV)-
East Texas children got the opportunity Friday, to ride their bikes with police officers, learn about nutrition, and get new bike helmets.
The Tyler Police Department and North East Texas Health Department put on a special nutrition carnival, and bike rodeo for East Texas children.
Children got to learn how to Zumba dance, ride their bikes around courses, learn all about nutrition, and some even got brand new helmets to help with bike safety.
The Tyler Police Department says this is their first bike rodeo so far this year, but should have about seven more.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tyler students awarded donated bicycles for their good behavior
- HUG a Firefighter program eases kids' fears of firefighters in full gear
- Man texting and driving loses control, hits utility pole on Loop 323
- East Texans remember: 'America changed that day'
- Ables-Land Office Supply celebrates 50 years in business