East Texas State Fair traffic advisory | Events
From Tyler Police Department:
The East Texas State Fair will open this Friday, September 20, 2013 and is designated as Senior Citizen day.
Tyler Police Department advises drivers that on West Front Street in front of Harvey Hall traffic will be shut down to one lane of traffic in both East and West directions all day Friday starting at 7:30 a.m. until midnight.
After Friday all lanes will be open until 4:00 p.m. each day and then the traffic will revert back to one lane of traffic flow in each direction until closing time of the Fair.
Tyler police encourage everyone crossing West Front to cross at the approved cross walk in front of the main gate. Officers will provide traffic control at this cross walk for your safety.
Please use extreme caution in this area due to the large volume of pedestrian traffic and officers directing traffic in the street.
Drivers not attending the Fair on Friday and after 4:00 p.m. each day may consider taking an alternate route.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ETX colleges monitoring national meningitis cases
- Joan Hallmark book signing at Barnes & Noble Saturday
- Senator Cornyn vows to continue fight against healthcare reforms in ETX visit
- ETX couple creates business to help animal shelters nationwide
- TJC theater, sign language students collaborate for play reading