Fund set up for Good Samaritan killed in accident on 31 | Community Spirit
On January 18, a tragic accident claimed the lives of two East Texans. It happened in the 6400 block of Highway 31 near the Smith-Gregg County line.
Jason David Albright and Dulis Rolando Cervantes were assisting a woman who was having car trouble on the roadway, when a second car hit the two men. Cervantes was pronounced dead at the scene; Albright was declared deceased at the hopsital.
A fund has been set up with John Harmon Undertaking in Tyler to assist the family of Dulis Cervantes with funeral and travel arrangements. The family is hoping to transport Mr. Cervantes' body to his home in The Honduras.
Staff at the funeral home tell us that money donated to the Dulis Cervantes Fund will be applied to the familiy's bill, and anything left over will be given to the family to help with other expenses.
If you would like to assist the family of this "Good Samaritan," funds can be dropped off or mailed to 1112 N. Palace, Tyler, Texas 75702.Victims in Gregg Co. crash identified, Hwy. 31 re-opened
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pastor responds to Warner Bros.' comparison of Superman to Jesus
- Man who smuggled live snakes on plane was former East Texas educator
- Police release surveillance video from Tyler motel murder
- Tyler man pleaded guilty to smuggling live snakes from Peru to Tyler in his jacket
- Do you recognize the man in this surveillance video?